“Combining national strengths to enhance international emergency response”
The International Humanitarian Partnership (IHP) is a voluntary multinational operational network between eight governmental emergency management agencies in Europe, active in the field of humanitarian assistance. The agencies are part of, funded and supported by their respective governments. IHP has a strong capacity to support the United Nations, the European Union and other international organisations during emergency situations. IHP is a close-nit network structure. Through the use of standardised but flexible and pre-trained emergency modules IHP can respond quickly and to acual needs. For example, rapdily deployable coordination centers and ICT-kits, as well as large base camps housing up to 300 international aid workers are some of the core modules deployed to disasters worldwide.
IHP is led by a chairperson, assigned from a member agency, and the responsibility rotates among the member organisations. From 01 January 2018 to 01 July 2019 the chair is held by the Danish Emergency Management Agency (DEMA). Contact details to the Chairperson and request procedure for IHP support can be found under Contact.
During the chair period, in close cooperation with the full IHP membership, DEMA intends to:
- build upon and carry on the work initiated by the former chair (DFID)
- enhance IHP's processes and procedures to ensure improved modality of the partnership and its delivery of response
- continue to develop the capacity of the network
- ensure that operations carry on effectively and deliver intended results
- strengthen the cooperation with key partners in order to respond more effectively together